Head of People
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking a Head of People to design, build out, and implement our end-to-end recruiting, talent, and performance management approach. Reporting to the CEO, you will work across the leadership team to build, engage, and scale a talent base of the highest caliber--one capable of fundamentally reimagining a historically-fraught and deeply complex part of the health care system. Our culture and people are the very foundations of our young and growing company. You will be broadly responsible for employee experience, comprising recruiting and onboarding to performance management, training, and development. You will also help channel our mission to improve a fundamental part of the health care system into the day-to-day rhythm of the company in a way that inspires employees and makes them feel connected to our broader cause. The ideal candidate will combine an entrepreneurial spirit with deep experience in operationalizing People strategies and programs to support a high-growth business.
- Culture champion: become a champion of our values and steward of our culture, and ensure our team remains fulfilled, engaged, and high-performing amidst scale
- Recruiting & organizational design/planning: take Renew Health’s recruiting engine to the next level, developing a comprehensive strategy (channels, messages, tactics), building our brand, and building interview and assessment processes that scale
- Workplace experience: cultivate an environment that offers a seamless, invaluable team-member journey--from robust onboarding programming to culture & events to workplace operations
- Talent development: implement a best-in-class performance and career management program that is tailored to a fast-growing startup environment and unlocks the full potential of our talent base
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: support our close-knit team in maintaining a safe, inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, values a sense of welcome and belonging for all, and ensures each team member has the opportunity to contribute and grow regardless of identity
- Compensation & benefits: create a compensation & benefits approach that attracts and retains exceptional talent, rewards high performance, is fair and market-calibrated, and supports Renew Health’s overall strategic and financial goals
- People Ops: own all HR-related matters that span a variety of areas (including immigration, onboarding/offboarding, employee relations) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e. staying current on employment law, recordkeeping, partnering with counsel) where necessary
Qualifications and experience:
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, ideally in one or more growth startup environments (e.g. 50-100 employees)
- Demonstrated ability to architect core HR components that scale rapidly
- Demonstrated experience building a successful recruiting engine in an early stage startup and/or rapidly growing startup with a high-caliber talent base
- Comfort designing for the future while managing day-to-day human resources operations
- Bias toward action, with a natural inclination to measure impact and dive head first into a “roll up your sleeves” environment
- Impeccable judgment in dealing with highly-sensitive situations
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to CEO, other executives, and across the company broadly
- Innate ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse array of colleagues
- Well-versed in leveraging data and tech to glean insights and influence change
- Sense of humor and humility