Head of People
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are redefining design, manufacturing and operational processes, to create the first 21st-century aerospace company. We are looking for a Head of People to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Head of People at Relativity, you will be responsible for defining and advancing a world-class employee experience. As a strategic and hands-on partner to the Relativity leadership team, you will apply industry standards, but also continuously push boundaries and define new ways of building and enhancing team culture, to enable Relativity’s ambitious goals. You will manage and grow the People Operations team, and report to the VP of Operations.
Outcomes and Objectives:
To help us reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, as Relativity’s Head of People, you will
· Define and advance a world-class employee experience for all Relativity employees, current and future.
· Create a people strategy and a plan that delivers on Relativity’s ambitious needs and goals. This includes talent strategy, recruiting, on-boarding, performance review/acceleration, coaching & training, retention, exiting, and employee benefits.
· Ensure continuous focus on initiatives to create a high-performance organization, reflecting Relativity’s culture and values in its recruitment, training and retention programs
· Partner with our brand and communications team to develop and implement employer branding and external communications plans that builds awareness and attracts top talent to Relativity
· Assume accountability for all HR compliance requirements including handbooks, policies, and issue resolution.
· Be a strategic, hands-on, and exemplary partner to the Relativity leadership team in maintaining and evolving our team culture.
To be successful in this role, you should have 7+ years of experience in People/HR management, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment in a technology company. Additionally, experience working closely with Technical Recruiting teams and integrating Talent strategy with overall People strategy is required. As an experienced People and Talent professional, you are comfortable managing the end-to-end employee journey. You are a true people partner, always focused on growth and development to unlock the best in people. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 7+ years of experience in a People/HR role with continuously expanding scope, in a high-growth technology environment.
- Success in creating and driving effective employee relations, development, retention, and reward programs.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of US and California HR practices and employment laws.
- Proven ability to develop and roll out an effective Talent strategy, from hiring to people development.
- Expert at supporting and developing managers in driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning activities.
- Strong business acumen and ability to turn business goals into new People approaches, policies and procedures to improve team performance and culture.
- You bring a thought leadership mindset to the table to support a high performance and growth environment, but you don’t mind operating at the tactical level as needed
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch personalized manner.
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Proven mix of standard People practices in mid/large-sized companies and high-growth startup environments
- Thoughtful reflection on past successes and fails, and your personal philosophy around People and Talent management
- Experience with assessment, rollout, and scaling of standard HR and Recruiting tools
- Deep familiarity partnering with technology experts and unlocking technology success through building People capabilities. We are looking for a Head of People that helps us launch rockets, after all!
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description