Head of People Operations
Tamara Mellon is currently seeking a Head of People Operations at our head office located in West Hollywood, CA.
WHO WE ARE
Tamara Mellon is a footwear brand spearheading the next generation of luxury. Our shoes are handcrafted in Italy, but sold at direct-to-women prices— eliminating the 6x retail markup of traditional luxury brands. We break all the rules of fashion by ignoring the seasonal calendar with monthly product drops, and adhere to a consumer-centric, women-first model. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
WHAT WE DO
Tamara’s essence and expertise combined with leading Italian craftsmanship creates a unique experience and product designed to lift women up and make them feel stronger. We are straightforward and honest, and combine this with incredible one-of-a-kind service through complimentary shipping, returns, and our Cobbler Concierge.
WHO WE DO IT FOR
Our woman is strong, unapologetic, a little irreverent, and takes care of herself. We identify with the woman who is breaking down barriers, shattering glass ceilings, and reaching her full potential.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Tamara Mellon is leading a revolution in society and in business. Working with us means having the opportunity to share your voice, contribute to a fast-growing startup, and recreate what it means to be a luxury brand. We are looking for driven, passionate, and quick-learning talent.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Director of People Operations to build and oversee all people related functions. We are growing fast and building a first-class team to execute on our big goal: creating a disruptive new generation luxury lifestyle brand. Our exceptional team deserves the best that we can provide in terms of working environment and support; help us figure it out.
People Operations will partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support their organizations. This will involve: driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolve employee relations issues and managing programs that build a high functioning and competitive team across the organization.
- Act as a champion for the culture that embodies our values, and that rewards, promotes and encourages high performance throughout the organization
- Partner with all areas of the company to recruit the best talent, coach on team leadership, create optimal organizational design, inspire employee engagement and retention, and develop performance criteria and measurement, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly
- Create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales
- Ensure cultural consistency as TMB grows and scales, and set up infrastructure to manage growth while maintaining trust and communication across all levels and functions
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making that allows us to scale effectively and efficiently
- Develop and manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program by completing regular market analysis, designing pay structures, conducting cost analyses and effectively implementing improvements
- Focus on recruiting and hiring diverse candidates. Creating an inclusive culture that encourages and supports diversity of thought and rewards the implementation of creative solutions
- BS/BA (Master’s degree a plus)
- 10+ years combined Human Resources, People Operations and/or Talent Acquisition experience
- 3+ years leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in a high growth company
- Experience scaling a high growth fashion/technology company beyond 100 employees
- Ability to coach and develop relationships while executing business strategy
- Ability to inspire a culture of collaboration and positivity
- Willingness to challenge conventional approaches and excitement around building a unique approach.
- Strong analytical ability
Medical, Dental and Vision
12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave/Carrot Fertility
Employee discount (you love shoes, right?)
Unlimited vacation policy
Entrepreneurial culture with long-term career development opportunities