Global People Operations Lead
- Align DV’s Global People Operations functions and processes with DV’s vision and strategy, working across global teams to connect HR, employee experience, learning & development, and performance evaluation.
- Bring expertise and thought leadership across a broad set of people and organizational development topics to standardize global processes across areas including management/leadership development, talent mobility, career development, talent management and employee development
- Support the holistic development of the DV employee lifecycle, identifying opportunities for improvement and best-in-class capabilities end to end
- Drive alignment on competency framework across all roles in a multidisciplinary environment
- Identify and fix people and operational pain points across the DV employee lifecycle; identify and share best practices across DV’s global offices
- Own the global reporting on people operations, with a clear focus on impact of systems but also early warning signals for organizational pain points
- Define and drive DV’s unique set of talent key performance indicators to inform and shape DV’s overall people strategy, including the integration of BCG and DV’s annual people survey results
- Bachelor degree required
- 6 – 10 years of related project management experience across HR, Recruitment, L&D and People Development in a high growth environment or technology company.
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational and people issues and to influence key leaders and stakeholders for recommendations and alignment
- Strong systemic thinking; a data driven decision maker who is able to find root cause of issues, identify second and third order impacts and work across the organization to engender change
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders, multi-task and re-prioritize as needed in fast moving environment
- Collaborative and a natural team player and able to quickly integrate, contribute effectively, and drive innovative and bespoke business solutions within BCG DV's collaborative and high caliber “one team” culture
- Keen to challenge and be challenged by those who they work with, at all levels
- Able to engage, manage and influence team members and senior stakeholders politically and with tact
- Credible and enthusiastic regarding relationship building and influencing at senior levels in client organizations
- A highly motivated player with the ambition to seize this opportunity and develop within this successful and growing organization
- Intellectually strong with an excellent academic background which will provide the ability to integrate successfully into BCG DV’s robust and quality driven environment.
- High integrity; experience working with sensitive and confidential situations; track record of building strong trust and confidence with business leaders and teams
- Location: strongly prefer role to be based in our Manhattan Beach office but other DV Center locations will be considered
- Some international travel will be required to DV locations including but not limited to: NY, Seattle, Manhattan Beach, London, Berlin, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney
- Working hours will require accommodating international time zones at times
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com. Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.