Employment Experience Specialist
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Employment Experience Specialist will work independently and in conjunction with the Executive Director of Employment Experience and the EE team to provide day-to-day support on a variety of HR functions including compensation, onboarding, offboarding, benefits and other HR activities
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in and utilize data from market compensation surveys to conduct competitive market analyses and make recommendations on all open positions, promotions and market adjustments.
- Support the bi-annual compensation planning cycles with system set-up, administration, reporting, and creating compensation-related communication and training materials.
- Conduct regular evaluation of market trends and current organizational pay practices in order to make recommendations for adjustments to salary ranges, geographic differentials, merit and promotion budgets, in addition to maintaining compensation infrastructure.
- Assist with onboarding activities including conducting meet and greet interviews, synthesizing data, and sharing themes with hiring managers.
- Handle all exit interviews including last day logistics, exit survey administration and analysis, and analyzing and reporting exit survey trends.
- Serve as program administrator for the Technology Developer Onboarding Program including coordination, survey administration, and analysis.
- Ensure employee data is updated regularly in labor management/headcount tool and by submitting requests for HRIS changes.
- Responsible for company’s recognition platform including system administration, weekly distribution of awards, and related communication activities.
- Responsible for collating information for the company’s quarterly promotion announcement communication.
- Coordinate benefits activities such as onsite Biometric Screenings, flu shots and wellness week.
- Conduct benefits orientation as needed as well as answer general employee inquiries regarding benefits offerings.
- Support special projects and programs either on an ad-hoc or ongoing basis.
What You Need:
- 2+ years of work experience in a Human Resources capacity in a Compensation function
- Strong knowledge of company HR policies, procedures and programs, as well as wage and hour and employment law including federal, state, and local as appropriate.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel skills
- Able to focus on multiple competing priorities
- Ability to produce quality results in fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent attention to detail with a high commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management preferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.