Director, Learning & Organizational Development
Are you an amazing facilitator with expertise in Learning and Organization Development? Then we have the role for you! The Learning and Organization Development (LOD) group at Universal Music Group is looking for someone who can consult with our businesses and help them develop and implement a strategy to improve the performance of their organization, team, or individuals.
The Director, Learning and Development role will be responsible for developing an adaptive strategy for their assigned client groups that builds organizational capabilities and addresses emerging business needs. The role will report to the Head of Learning and Organization Development.
- Consults with the HR team and business leaders to assess needs and identify opportunities to build and implement appropriate learning and OD solutions that develop and engage our employees.
- Creates, designs, and executes a client strategy that incorporates change management methodologies, learning technologies, and evaluative measures.
- Able to navigate the balance between academic/process rigor and practitioner reality.
- Designs and developments training content and materials that incorporate adult learning and instructional design principles.
- Develops job aides and support materials to reinforce learning objectives and employee capabilities.
- Ensures diversity of delivery methods, including in-person, webinars, eLearning, podcasts, cohort programs, etc., to meet the needs of our employees, teams and organizations.
- Able to adapt facilitation style to engage audiences across a spectrum of levels, functions, and needs.
- Identifies and engages external consultants/vendors as needed, including directing and monitoring their work.
- Works closely with the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) team to integrate DIB strategy and metrics into programs and initiatives.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects and initiatives that support their client groups and UMG.
- Facilitates a variety of employee, manager, and organization development workshops or sessions.
- Takes the lead on ad-hoc requests and projects that relate to their client group or as assigned by the Head of Learning and Organization Development.
- Proven exceptional communication, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and creatively
- Skilled at using data to draw out themes that 'tell a story'
- Proven success in driving change and influencing the adoption of new ideas
- Strong relationship management skills, utilizing a collaborative work style
- Experience working as an internal consultant with strong consultative and diagnostic skills
- Excellent project planning and project management skills
- Team player with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to manage and execute multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Proven success conceptualizing, developing, and managing scalable and engaging programs in a multi- brand, geographically diverse organization
- Skilled at assessing needs, presenting creative solutions, developing action plans, and executing results
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and external vendors across multiple disciplines to build and deliver innovative solutions
- Demonstrated track record of career progression
- At least 7 years of experience creating and implementing LOD strategies for clients in creative and multi-brand organizations.
- At least 7 years of experience designing and facilitating employee and leader solutions.
- At least 7 years of experience consulting with all levels of business leaders and HR Business Partners to identify learning needs and provide recommendations.
- At least 3 years of experience presenting learning analytics data.
- Experience working in music, media, video game, PR, advertising, tech, or film/TV/studio entertainment
- Experience supporting organization development projects like Engagement surveys, Change management, or Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Experience using Psychometric Assessments
- Experience coaching managers and skilled professionals; coaching certification a plus
- A graduate degree in organization development, industrial/organizational psychology, organization behavior, communications, leadership development, or related area preferred
- Certification in at least two or more assessment/feedback instruments (e.g. DISC, MBTI, ECI, ILS, OCS, Firo-B, TKI, Social Styles, 360 assessments etc.)
- SPHR or SHRM credentials; CPLP certification; or graduate certificate in Organization Development a plus
- Other Requirements:
- Travel up to 25% (greater Los Angeles area, New York, Nashville, Philadelphia, Toronto)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.