Director of Human Resources
Director, Human Resources
At Boingo, you will be a leader who lives our values, understands how our culture comes to life and possesses a deep knowledge of our business and the field of HR. If you thrive working with organization design, employee development, and benefits, then Boingo may be the place for you. What’s really cool is that each and every task you accomplish, serves a purpose in helping us be successful!
We are looking for a dynamic and thoughtful leader with a collaborative and influential leadership style, who is comfortable with ambiguity and able to think creatively about solutions. You won’t be on your own; our team pitches in to help regardless of the task. You will work for a very open and approachable SVP of HR and a team that likes to laugh. And did we mention that you will have access to Boingo’s red carpet experiences such as bowling, gaming tournaments, a big deal Halloween event and onsite massages?
Boingo has been voted a Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row. Join us in ensuring our talent is able and prepared to accomplish amazing things. Sound good? Take a look at the details and let us know who you are.
- Identify and analyze trends in the workplace. Develop thoughtful business assessments and employee engagement solutions for increased morale, team work, productivity and inclusion.
- Lead and execute our people process and programs like performance management, employee relations, compensation planning and others. Recommend new approaches!
- Partner with our broker to create benefit plans and tools that fit our employee’s needs and our budget. Help evaluate quotes and make recommendations. Understand market trends and what fits best for our workplace. From plan design to open enrollment to audits; you will manage the day to day of our benefit plans.
- We believe that employee wellness is important for sustained performance. Boingo does a lot already from health fairs, to onsite yoga, to fitness challenges and more. Be the person who helps us evolve our wellness plan to ensure greater health for our employees and their family.
- Train, develop and manage the HR Generalist.
- Help ensure compliance with the ever changing federal, state and local employment laws.
- Contribute to the team effort when needed for ad hoc projects.
This position will be based out of Los Angeles, with some travel required within the United States.
- SHRM/HRCI HR Certification preferred
- 8+ years of HR Generalist/management experience
- Knowledge of California employment and labor law; resourceful in finding information
- Tech savvy is a must. We are online and, in the cloud, and constantly looking at new tools to deliver first class service to our employees.
- Bring a solid foundation of benefit compliance and experience with best practices. Hands on experience with benefit planning.
- Embrace teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance.
- Experience with establishing and growing strong and effective working relationships with employees including senior management and our partners.
- Stay educated and informed in your field. Attend educational workshops, read professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, you name it!
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.