Director, Human Resources - HRBP Leader
FabFitFun is one of L.A.’s most accomplished companies, experiencing exponential business and Team growth. This phenomenal success has been achieved due to our amazing business initiatives (over 1 Million Members), dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports inclusion and equity. The Company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
To scale our business and further FFF employee career development and opportunities, this newly created Human Resources Director role will own the creation and management of the HR Business Partner Team and its program design as well as act as the first point of contact for Managers and Employees on on all things People related, ranging from employee relations concerns to organizational development strategies. Reporting to the SVP, People, the HR Director will partner with all of the People Team and business leaders to create and execute talent programs, plans, and strategies that align with company values, drive business results and create a best in class employee experience.
- Leadership of the HRBP Team
- Hire, develop, manage and guide an HRBP team including Coordinators, BP’s, and Employee Relations professionals
- Evolve the HRBP strategy and function based on the needs of both the current and future state of the business
- Employee Relations
- Develop and manage an effective employee relations function, establishing a fair and unbiased process that builds employee trust and confidence
- Coach, counsel and empower leaders and employees to effectively resolve workplace conflict with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Conduct thorough workplace investigations, resolving issues in accordance with employment laws and FabFitFun's policies and culture, utilizing internal and external legal counsel as needed
- Partner with the L&OD Manager (to be hired soon) and Legal in the creation and delivery of compliance and employee relations training (e.g. Employee Handbook, CA Sexual Harassment training)
- Organizational Development
- In collaboration with an L&OD Manager, assess organizational and talent health, developing and executing on solutions to improve organizational effectiveness
- Act as a strategic advisor to company management; consult and support organizational design, alignment, and change management activities
- Develop and implement talent management practices and tools such as succession and retention planning.
- Analyze talent data, track trends and make data informed recommendations for improvement
- Partner with L&OD to assess client learning needs and implement solutions
- Support seamless onboarding of new leaders
- Collaborate with hiring managers and recruiting partners to determine appropriate staffing and optimize the staffing plan within internal client groups
- Performance Management
- In collaboration with the system owner, deliver and manage the performance management process, ensuring a high quality, culturally aligned product that drives individual and business performance results
- Partner with leaders and employees to identify, coach and resolve performance issues
- Execute a fair and consistent compensation review cycle and promotion process in partnership with leadership teams and Compensation/HR Ops, providing salary and leveling recommendations
- Proven success as a progressive human resources and employee relations leader with demonstrated experience in a senior HR Business Partner role within a dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. Startup experience is helpful but not required.
- Seasoned leadership capabilities, building and managing a team of HR professionals utilizing best practices for performance management, 1:1s, and career development
- Strong business acumen, with the the ability to translate business strategy into HR initiatives in a highly dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop impactful, collaborative relationships with employees, senior/executive leaders, and partner functions including Finance, Recruiting, and Legal
- Ability to assess the talent health of an organization and develop, prioritize and execute needed talent strategies and programs
- Strong employee relations experience with an expertise in Federal and California employment laws, including FLSA, immigration, discrimination, family and medical leave, ADA, sexual harassment training, EEOC reporting, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- An amazing opportunity to develop an entire HRBP function and impact one of the fastest growing companies in L.A. that is revolutionizing e-Commerce
- A supportive, learning environment and engaged leadership team that understands and values the importance of a collaborative and innovative HR Team
- Ability to institute HR best practices to further our high-performing culture
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k and fun perks including a free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Generous PTO policy