Director, Global Human Resources
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director, Global Human Resources to focus on international growth, HR operations, and total rewards.
About the team:
The HR team at Honey is a lean effective team who works closely with each individual employee to ensure we are doing everything we can to unlock each employee's potential. We shift and adapt according to the needs of the business with the goal to be a reliable and trusted resource of the employees and the business.
About the Role:
This person will report to the VP of HR and take on day-to-day HR operational responsibilities and manage the HR Ops team. You will be expanding HR into international markets. Additionally, this role will take on total rewards (compensation planning & benefits), immigration, payroll, employment law compliance, policies, leaves of absence, immigration, HR systems, relocation administration, and employee relations. This position will require some travel (10%).
What You'll Do:
As a Director, Global Human Resources at Honey, you will:
- Maintain compliance with US and international regulations and enforcing policies in a manner consistent with current employment and labor laws
- Establish an immigration policy and process and serve as a central point of contact for all immigration matters
- Partner with managers, recruiting, employees and outside legal counsel to coordinate initiation, posting and signing of all immigration-related applications
- Act as the main point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes, ensuring compliance
- Lead the expansion of HR analytics and define how we collect our data, the tools we need to analyze it, and ensure we are proposing solutions based upon data
- Consulting with senior leadership to develop insights for how HR Ops can best serve the evolving needs of client groups
- Partner with HR and Organizational Development departments to proactively address employee relation issues and conduct (or as appropriate, lead) investigations into all charges of harassment and discrimination
- Maintain and support HRIS in addition to other systems supported by HR, Recruiting and Organizational Development
- Lead a team to assist SMEs with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing data flows for process improvement
- Implement and administer company policy guidelines and documentation across all locations
- Advise and respond to HR Operations programs, practices, and procedures
- Develop and deliver HR, employee, and manager process guides
- Travel to our international and US locations and grow the HR function at our remote locations
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business or similar discipline
- You have 5+ years of experience in multi-disciplined HR functions and you enjoy working and building different aspects of HR from scratch or with limited structure in place
- Experience with payroll, benefits, and leave of absences
- You have experience growing HR operations internationally and have scaled an HR organization within a growing company
- Experience overseeing HRIS systems and working with HR analytics
- You have a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- You are comfortable and well versed within HR compliance and resourceful with international labor and compliance laws
- You have a knack for communication and you enjoy interfacing regularly with employees
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.