ServiceTitan is seeking an exceptional VP of Finance to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. The ideal candidate will combine both strategic thinking and a track record of running a tight ship, ensuring that the FP&A, Accounting and Payroll teams meet best-in-class SLA’s and GAAP compliance requirements. This role also requires a strong understanding of SaaS metrics and how to manage against them, helping operators uncover hidden insights and translating them into actions.
While we have built a world class, integrated SaaS financial and reporting infrastructure, that allows us to move quickly, with a high degree of accuracy and predictability, this will be your opportunity to usher a new era of scale for both Corporate Finance and the rest of ServiceTitan. Unlike more traditional companies, the Corporate Finance team prides itself on being a, solution-driven, strategic partner to the business You’ll be joining one of the most data-driven companies, at all levels of the organization, and will be empowered to challenge the status quo and make a massive impact.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead planning and rolling forecasts process on a monthly / quarterly / annual basis to support attainment of company’s growth objectives.
- Manage capital structure, budgets, pricing, compensation and equity planning, operating and financial strategy synchronization.
- Oversee comprehensive reporting, analyses and projections of SaaS metrics and financials. Develop and enhance necessary dashboards to track business performance, identify trends and proactively engage with functional leaders to stay ahead of the curve, ultimately resulting in greater enterprise value and being recognized as an indispensable strategic partner to the operators.
- Continuously improve financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and accounting -- both process and technology, including keeping up with industry best practices.
- Lead financial due diligence on large deals / contracts and M&A negotiations (as relevant).
Audits, Tax Planning, Compliance & Risk Management
- Responsible for optimizing enterprise value while adhering to GAAP standards and best practices for SaaS companies.
- Manage audits end-to-end, including vendor selection and ongoing communication with auditors, tax advisors and 3rd party professional service providers.
- Establish and maintain documentation of internal controls, policies and procedures related to financial reporting and compliance.
- Develop and maintain written accounting policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate implementation and compliance with latest GAAP standards (e.g. ASC 606).
- Manage tax strategy (corporate tax provisions, R&D tax credits, and securing other tax incentives as the business grows).
- Manage corporate policies, procedures and controls, including making policy decisions, managing capitalization table and stock options, benefits programs, insurance/liability strategies and management of all corresponding 3rd party vendors.
- Monitor cash closely and proactively address variances from plan. Ensure appropriate and controlled cash disbursements. Analyze future cash requirements so that financing needs are addressed in a timely fashion.
- When needed, support the process of raising equity and/or debt capital in the best terms possible for ServiceTitan.
- Manage and provide inspiring leadership to Finance, Accounting teams, nurturing and developing a team of talented individuals, allowing them to reach peak performance and meet their career growth aspirations.
- Lead the team in preparing monthly and quarterly reports including dashboards, KPIs and business trends to ensure that high quality and insightful materials are consistently published with best-in-class SLA’s.
- Set up and manage payroll systems and processes, including managing tax and incentives strategy, sales and success compensation planning, effectively supporting ServiceTitan as we scale and grow in complexity.
- Highly operational leader who can own the full spectrum of Finance responsibilities for a top-tier SaaS startup. Fluency in “SaaS” is required.
- Experience w/ companies that have gone through growth (ideally from $40M to $100M in ARR) and achieved profitable scale on a firm financial footing.
- Public market experience preferred (experience taking a startup public and/or to successful acquisition, or other exit)
- Profile emphasizing FP&A (vs. Controller-type) with extensive transactional experience (prefer experience in both however).
- Track record with brand name employers on his/her resume establishing credibility with prospective investors and strategic partners.
- Comes with high intellectual horsepower.
- Make the complex look easy; must be a master of just the right amount of Process at the right time so as to enable growth without creating additional overhead.
- Ideally been involved with the sale of a company.
- CFA/CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience is a big plus.
- MBA also a plus
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for 2017
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017