US Royalties Shared Services Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking a person to fill the role of Manager for the UMG Royalties Shared Services Department. In this role, the Shared Services Manager will manage the Vendor Management group:
Supervise the Vendor Management team including interviewing, hiring, training and monitoring employee performances, conducting performance appraisals and time card review/approvals.
Act as the primary liaison with Artist Royalties team, providing oversite and escalation of Artist vendor issues for Artist Directors and Label managers.
Manage the Vendor requests including:
- Processing Vendor Setup, Change of Address, ACH, Wires, Change of Payee as well as other banking and tax processes for UMG Royalties Artist and Copyright clients
- Provide training and policy oversite for Vendor Management staff
- Provide escalation for Vendor and VIP issues to the Shared Services Senior Manager and the UMG Royalties Customer Services team
- Monitor and measure Vendor requests using Zendesk tools
Manage the Shared Services Bad Address Project and Returned Statement Project
- Train the Shared Services Royalty Clerk on Bad Address and Return Statements policies and procedures
- Facilitate the Bad Services status reporting and metrics with Shared Services Senior Manager
- Provide metric reporting for the Returned Statement project to Royalty Executives
- Act as liaison with other Royalties Artist and Copyright teams on Bad Address and Returned Statement policies
Act as the Liaison with key UMG groups for Vendor Management and escalations including:
- Artist Royalties Label Management and Directors
- Copyright Label Management and Directors
- UMG Royalties Customer Services team
- Technology and Training Directors
Act as primary liaison with Financial Services to clarify banking and tax policies, process improvements and coordinate Application rollouts (i.e. Uniport).
Administer the US Royalty Portal (USRP) system including:
- Royalty Account management and processing
- Recommend new USRP features
- Participate in USRP maintenance releases for bug testing and new enhancements
Update Shared Services Knowledge Base
- Participate in reviewing and revising all Shared Services documents for external clients (i.e.: Change of Address forms, ACH forms, Wire forms, Change of Payee forms etc.)
Participate in special projects as assigned
Overtime and work on Saturday's are required during the peak Vendor Management processing periods (normally in February and September).
• Knowledge of UMG Royalty Artist domestic workflow process with experience setting up royalty accounts, article linking, and statement creation preferred
• Must be able to prioritize and delegate staff workload to meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively motivate, teach and manage staff
• Knowledge of TRACS (AS400 systems), R2, RDW, SAP, and Zendesk preferred
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Learning agility
• Bias to action
• Perseverant and accountable
• Collaborative nature
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience with Universal Music Group preferred
• 4-year college degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.