Technical Accounting Manager
About the Role
GoodRx is seeking an extremely smart and effective Technical Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team. This individual will be our resident GAAP expert, tasked with ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of our accounting records, crafting complex accounting memos, implementing internal controls to safeguard the company, and driving process improvements to establish a more efficient work environment. A key function of this role will include managing a subsidiary company’s entire accounting processes, including period-end close, AP, AR, intercompany, consolidation, cash management, and payroll functions. The ideal candidate will have a knack for rolling up their sleeves and jumping into the financial weeds while also acting as a self-directed, assured leader who can own their role with minimal oversight. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
- Serve as company expert on US GAAP technical accounting matters and financial disclosure requirements
- Regularly collaborate with accounting and finance leaders to identify, research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters
- Meticulous oversight of all accounting and finance activities of subsidiary entity: month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, AP/AR processing, cash management/forecasting, intercompany reconciliations, payroll, consolidation, budgeting/forecasting, reporting, etc.
- Perform technical accounting and implementation within a broad range of topics, including consolidations, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, and revenue. Lead in the crafting of detailed accounting memos related to acquisitions, divestitures, complex contracts, and other arrangements
- Assist in acquisition accounting and transaction structuring relating to any M&A activity
- Develop and document internal controls, coordinate and complete annual audits, initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Assist in compilation of monthly and quarterly GAAP financial statements; prepare analysis of all financial information underlying the statements and supporting schedules
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the annual financial audit
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting in support of executives
- Lead and train accounting staff, but also willing to perform their tasks directly as necessary
- Other miscellaneous administrative duties, such as contract- and stock option plan reviews, insurance assessment, Board reporting, auditing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 5+ years of big 4 public accounting experience is required; 1-2 years of industry experience is a plus
- CPA license is required
- Expert understanding of GAAP
- Exposure to SOX 404b testing and understanding of COSO framework
- Strong understanding or experience with ASC 606 (Revenue), ASC 718 (Stock Compensation), ASC 350-40 (Internal Use Software), ASC 805 (Business Combinations), ASC 842 (Leases), ASC 810-10 (VIEs)
- Public company and/or IPO experience is a big plus
- Extremely organized and autonomous
- Business-minded with superb communication skills
- Equally gifted tactician and delegator; an affinity for the daily nitty-gritty is essential
- At home in a dynamic and fast-moving organization.
- Potential for travel once a month to San Francisco on a flexible schedule