Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Manage all tax compliance needs, anticipate tax and business issues, and recognize tax planning opportunities
- Perform high level of complicated tax returns, budget and cash flow projections
- Perform tax research
- Make recommendations to management regarding possible improvements to company policies and procedures as they affect the quality and efficiency in providing services to clients
- Monitor staff practices to ensure timely and accurate recordation, classification and reporting of financial transactions
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 5+ years of experience in tax planning and compliance
- Experience with international tax issues preferred
- Experience with financial statement preparation and cash management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Able to efficiently use common accounting and office software including Excel, Outlook, Word, tax planning and preparation software
- Resourceful, able to multitask, and able to work relatively independently to fulfill assigned duties and achieve goals
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description