Leaf Group is looking for a Staff Accountant to handle the day-to-day accounting needs of our expanding organization.
This opportunity offers full cycle accounting experience at a publicly traded company.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Staff Accountant grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Senior Manager Accounting
A typical day as a Staff Accountant might include:
- General Ledger activities to include coding transactions, reconciliation and preparing journals for accruals, prepayments, wages, and depreciation during month end close.
- Maintain and update workbooks for reconciling key accounts and bank statements.
- Prepare and bill invoices and apply subsequent cash receipts.
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reports ensuring accurate coding, necessary approvals, and timely payment.
- Work closely with the business partners on verifying discrepancies and answering any finance related questions.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system, both paper and electronic and provide audit support.
- Processing payments through our proprietary payment system.
- Prepare monthly accruals for corporate charge account and travel and expenses. Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely submission of expenses.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
You’ll be successful if you are a positive, proactive accounting professional with experience handling day-to-day accounting.
What You Have:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred; CPA candidate a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have 2-3 years of progressive work experience. General ledger accounting and financial analysis experience preferable.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing accurate and quality work.
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot Tables, VLookUps, SumIfs, etc.
- Tech-savvy, quick learner.
- Must show accountability, be proactive, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Independent, self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work hours that best facilitates communication with international offices, as well as, meet month end close deadlines.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- CPA Assistance program for qualified employees
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.