Are you looking to start your career in Finance or Accounting? Do you enjoy working with numbers? Do you want a unique opportunity to learn quickly and grow with a start-up in Santa Monica? If you said yes to these questions, then this job is for you.
PatientPop is searching far and wide for an awesome Staff Accountant! Based in Santa Monica, PatientPop is a Series-A funded startup that is the first practice growth platform for healthcare providers — transforming the way doctors promote and advance their practices. Our hard-working and fun-loving environment offers big/small events, tons of benefits, diverse employee development, a fancy espresso machine, great snacks, a ping pong table, generous PTO, and more!
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years of experience or a recent college grad for an exciting opportunity with one of Santa Monica’s fastest growing startups. This person will report to the Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Assist in Month End Close activities
- Manage accounts payable and coding vendor invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Ad hoc projects and reporting
- Prepare monthly accounting schedules (fixed assets, prepaids, accrued
- expenses, etc.)
- Perform account reconciliations for GL accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Customer invoicing and revenue recognition
- Address customer inquiries
- Assist in managing AR
- Apply payments to customer invoices
- Perform ad hoc administrative and payroll tasks
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks; Experience with Zuora, Bill.com, and Expensify would be helpful.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and financial reporting is a plus
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
What will help you succeed:
- The ability to see the big picture while staying on top of the details
- A self-starter that can prioritize projects and responsibilities
- Strong communication skills and the desire to work with other departments to improve processes
- Creativity and the ability to solve problems
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws , including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.