Sr. FP&A Analyst - Corporate
The Corporate FP&A Analyst will be responsible for the financial planning and reporting of Inspire. This role will be responsible for driving the budgeting and forecasting processes as well as developing and maintaining reporting packages for the company, board, and investors. You’ll need to be incredibly detail oriented as well as be able think high level in order to build reporting packages that meet the needs of the various stakeholders. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to leverage systems and tools to report on trends in the business and provide recommendations to leaders.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Drive the overall financial reporting structure and cadence for the company
- Compile and review financial results as it relates to operational and strategic plans
- Design and update materials for board meetings and investor presentations
- Coordinate with finance team on reporting needs to drive accountability within the business
- Develop templates for rolling up submissions and consolidating financial data
- Manage the monthly financial forecasting and annual budgeting processes
- Identify opportunities to standardize, centralize, and automate financial reporting within the organization
- Partner with internal finance and accounting teams to improve processes
- Work with corporate leaders to track budget variances and identify savings initiatives
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years hands-on Corporate FP&A experience
- Experience with Adaptive Insights required; Competency in NetSuite or similar ERP system preferred
- Exceptional analytical abilities and strong skills across various software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, GSuite, etc.)
- Ability to utilize communication skills (written and verbal) to articulate recommendations and influence decision makers
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills, with a high level of curiosity and self-motivation
- Must possess a strong work ethic along with a sense of urgency to drive projects to conclusion
- Experience with BI tools and SQL preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Subscription-based revenue models
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!