SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will reside within the company's FP&A team to support our Corporate FP&A reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes. As the Sr. Analyst, you will contribute to the validation, reporting, and analysis of operational data and company financials including revenue, cost, direct margin, Opex and Capex. You will be involved in the corporate budgeting process, creating detailed financial plans to support both short and long-term business objectives. You will support departments in the management of their budgets by aiding in planning efforts, conducting monthly reviews, and providing guidance through budget to actuals variance analysis. You will work closely with department executives across TeleSign and its international subsidiaries, with considerable exposure to the leadership team.
A strong candidate will have significant, hands-on experience with budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and financial modeling. He/she must be able to critically analyze data, perform detailed variance analysis, draw insightful conclusions, and be comfortable making decisions. He/she will be a resourceful, fact-based, strategic thinker with the ability to accurately communicate complex data and nuanced concepts both verbally and visually to upper management. Teamwork, strong execution skills and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment are also essential to success in this position. Interest in software technology, communications, and/or security is a plus.
- Prepare consolidated, financial budgets, forecasts, and multi-year plans that support business objectives and drive decision making.
- Perform and improve financial reporting with a critical focus on accuracy, efficiency, and transparency.
- Analyze trends in revenue, cost, direct margin, operating expenses, capital expenditures and other related operational KPIs.
- Prepare various forms of variance and return on investment analyses in order to explain fluctuations in the business and make recommendations that improve process, efficiency, and P&L optimization.
- Prepare and present analytical work and recommendations to the VP of FP&A, CFO, and the Executive Committee.
- Conduct departmental budget reviews and maintain strong relationships with department leadership in order to facilitate proper planning, visibility and guidance throughout the budgeting process.
- Work closely with Corporate Accounting to align budgeting and accounting processes and best practices. Support Accounting during the monthly close cycle by validating financials and producing finalized financial statements and reports.
- Master financial systems and software to aid in budgeting, forecasting, reporting, data validation and analysis.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial requirements and support cross-departmental projects with analysis and business case modeling.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in FP&A, Business Analytics, or Corporate Strategy
- Significant, hands-on experience with budgeting, forecasting and multi-year planning
- Experience with P&L variance analysis, return on investment analysis and financial modeling
- Strategic and critical-thinking skills with the ability to easily contextualize and interpret complex business situations and data.
- Strong communication skills across verbal, email, Word/memo, and PowerPoint channels and experience presenting to senior management.
- Ability to produce high-quality work that is thorough, accurate, presentable and defendable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Experience and extensive working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with forecasting/budget software, ERP systems, and raw data sources
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in quantitative discipline; MBA is a plus.
- Experience working with Netsuite, SAP and Adaptive Insights a plus.
- Experience evaluating and improving financial processes.
- Prior experience in start-ups or software technology and in an international environment also a plus.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.