Sr. A/R & Collections Specialist
Named as one of LA's Best Places to work in 2018, Prodege, LLC, parent company of rewards community Swagbucks.com & cash-back shopping sites MyPoints.com & ShopAtHome.com has awarded over $500 million to its members. Our business solutions brands, ProdegeMR (market research), ProdegeDR (direct response) & ProdegeVN (video network) allow our partners to reach, influence and acquire consumers online.
Join Prodege and help us "Create Rewarding Moments" for consumers around the world!
We’re looking for a Sr. A/R & Collections Specialist to join our Finance and Accounting team. This person will assist customers with questions and problems regarding their past due accounts, with a heavy emphasis on building customer relationships in order to collect cash quickly.
Additionally, this position will:
- Generate and send out invoices according to contracts and insertion orders
- Monitor customer account details for non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Follow-up on past-due accounts and collect payments, both via email and phone contact
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries and invoice issues, including partnering with the sales team to ensure accuracy of invoices
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to expedite collections
- Process and verify applications for credit
- Assist the Controller in monthly reconciliation of revenue accounts
Skills and experience required:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a high-volume collections role
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Must have working knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Word and PowerPoint a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger accounts within the accounts receivable setting
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask, set own priorities and meet collection goals
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and meet deadlines