Specialist, Union Payments
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Specialist, Union Payments. In this role, you will be assisting our artist royalty team in preparing and analyzing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
- Prepare multiple semiannual AFM reports
- Format weekly union invoicing report
- Format monthly union licensing report
- Calculate union liability based on monthly accrual reports
- Maintain a historical database of all union invoices
- Research artist union eligibility inquiries
- Prepare internal AFM audit requests
- Query multiple databases to retrieve artist and song information
- Communicate any potential changes to union invoices internally with management and externally with clients
- Review various AFM & AFTRA union reports for accuracy
- Good command of VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, and if formulas in Excel
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Music industry experience a plus
- AA degree or higher is a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.