Senior Tax Accountant
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Senior Accounting position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division. This position will support the Tax Group with general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Sales/Use Tax experience combined with frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience, possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and attention to detail.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate and assist with Sales/Use Tax workflows by analyzing and performing balance sheet reconciliations for tax accounts. In addition, this individual will support the Tax group with monthly financial close, including:
- Assist in the monthly financial close and reporting process:
- Prepare and produce journal entries
- Prepare management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management
- Request and maintain valid resale/exemption certificates
- Reconcile and remit Tax payments
- Support in the Income Tax Provision workflows
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Have flexible work hours the last and first day of the month
- Strong Excel and Word skills required; Macros experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US
- 3 to 5 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
- Experience with HFM preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.