Senior Internal Auditor
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you’ll own the planning, execution, and reporting on financial, operational, and compliance related audits / business process improvement projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards, and generally accepted accounting principles. As Procore’s Senior Internal Auditor, you're expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the SaaS and construction industries and Procore's business operations, and to pursue specialized expertise in financial business processes. You’ll work under the supervision of the Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management.
As a successful Senior Internal Auditor, you’re comfortable identifying, analyzing, and reporting on data and working directly with internal business partners (e.g., People, Sales, Finance, Legal, Customer Success, R&D, and Sales Operations) to improve the efficiency and repeatability of internal reviews and visually articulate the story within reports to management.
What you’ll do:
Internal Audit Planning, Execution, and Reporting
- Coordinate third-party internal controls testing and perform internal controls testing.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans.
- Take ownership of and independently manage subsets of internal audits with minimal oversight from Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management.
- Develop, document, and execute audit test steps in partnership with internal business partners and the Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management.
- Conduct substantive testing, such as tests of detailed activities and transactions or analytical review tests, to obtain evidence, and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions.
- Identify and discuss internal audit findings with the Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management and document exceptions.
- Take ownership of drafting internal audit reports; revise and finalize with the Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management.
- Validate issues with internal business partners; assist with additional report writing as needed.
ERM and Internal Controls
- Document and maintain process documentation (e.g., process narratives, flowcharts of end-to-end business processes, and risk and control matrices). Assess process effectiveness and efficiency and make recommendations to improve processes and controls.
- Manage and maintain Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls Software, Auditboard / SOXhub.
- Assist with tracking results of prior internal reviews, identifying themes across departments and segments, and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns.
- Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk, and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas, and recommendations with the Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management and process owners.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners at the manager and staff levels.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-6 years of experience as an internal auditor or external auditor with a SOX-compliant public company.
- Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Certifications: none
- Level of Education: MS and/or MBA
- Area of Study: Finance and/or Accounting
- Certifications: CIA, CPA, CFE
- Construction industry experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.