Senior Financial Analyst
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Fair is a FinTech company that provides a new way to shop, get approved and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want, and the flexibility to turn it in at any time.
Our name pretty much says it all. It's our culture. It's the way we treat our customers, our network of dealers and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work, and we believe hard work should be rewarded. That's why we offer equity incentives, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cellphone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans and free lunch 5 days a week for every employee. The way we see it, better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Who You Are:
You are someone who loves the start-up environment and the process of developing a company from an idea into an innovative, industry-leading global brand. You know how to visualize a business model and bring it to life for management, banks, and VC investors. You know what it takes to entice investors and banks to place their trust and their money in our company. You speak their language and know how they think. You have either worked at a VC company as an analyst dissecting business models and making recommendations for investment or have previously successfully worked directly with C-Level executives to attractively prep financial business models and to develop business “story” that set the company apart from other start-ups in a compelling way. You may have worked at an investment bank.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to and validate financial business models developed by FP&A.
- Research and strategize on opportunities for increased investment value.
- Prepare investor decks pitching the business model and investor value.
- Clearly communicate complex quantitative concepts with Senior Leadership, banks, and investors.
- Work alongside the finance team to measure meaningful KPIs.
- Maintain and improve financial projection & budget modeling as well as financial reporting
- Support the treasury function with modeling and reporting for our lenders.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business, finance or related discipline
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in a banking, VC or start-up environment
- Experience with analyzing & developing financial business models, analysis of financial reports & metrics and preparation of thorough reports used for internal & external stakeholders
- Understanding of key financial topics, metrics & processes
- Advanced skills in Excel & rest of office Suite (additional technical skills are a bonus, but not required)