Senior Financial Analyst
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Analyst to support our Corporate Development & Strategy team. The Senior Analyst will play a key, active role in a small high caliber team driving UMG's corporate strategy and transactional activity. The successful candidate will support the team's effort in formulating corporate and business strategy and analyzing business opportunities to drive both organic and inorganic growth. The successful candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders.
Most notably, the Senior Analyst will hold responsibility for the following tasks:
- Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame corporate strategy, outline key initiatives, and analyze financial plans
- Support strategy, organization and operations-related projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, and communicate findings succinctly and thoughtfully and evaluate potential acquisitions, investments, and other strategic growth opportunities
- Drive financial and operational analyses and prepare presentations and internal documents to assist with strategic decision-making
- Conduct research to support internal business projects and analyze trends and market forecasts in the music and other relevant media and entertainment sectors, critically thinking about the implications for UMG
- Lead special projects in connection with the team goals and strategy
- Superior analytical, problem solving, accounting and financial modelling skills
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self-motivated with ability to think independently and critically
- High level of intellectual curiosity, especially around technology and the entertainment industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong team building capabilities
- Advanced proficiency with analytical and presentation tools (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint) and in synthesizing data for an executive audience
- 3+ years of relevant full-time work experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development and strategy
- Previous relevant experience in a music, leading media or technology company a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business, economics, or another related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.