Senior Credit Analyst
We’re looking for a Senior Credit Analyst to help manage credit risk across each of our markets, with a focus on enhancing our relationship with existing customers. In this role, you will analyze data to identify opportunities to optimize our loan product across dimensions including limit, price, term and collections strategy and make recommendations for change. You will also have the opportunity to influence new product development. You will report to a Sr. Credit and Risk Manager, and collaborate closely with partner teams including Growth, Data, Collections, and Engineering.
- Develop deep understanding of Tala’s loan product and the economics and risks associated in various markets
- Use past loan data to find opportunities to optimize our loan terms, including approval criteria, loan limit size, interest rate, and term
- Use past collections data to find opportunities to optimize our collections strategy to increase cure rates
- Design, implement, and monitor credit and collections experiments
- Monitor and assess loan portfolio performance
- Partner with data teams to identify new use cases of data to assess credit risk
- Partner with technical teams to prioritize and deploy recommendations; monitor effectiveness of recommendations
- Proficient in SQL or R
- 2-3 years working experience in an analytical credit or fraud role at a financial services or technology company
- Bachelor's degree in any field which requires logically creative thinking
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills including
- Ability to independently drive analysis concluding with rationalized recommendations
- Strong technical communications skills
Preferred Skills & Experience (a.k.a. If you are our dream candidate, you probably have):
- Experience in coding (Python, MATLAB)
- Interest in credit, payments, fintech and technology
- Ability to absorb vast quantities of information in short periods of time
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to make logical and commercial decisions based on partial data and under time pressure
- Live an active life with multiple activities, because you can always rest later
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.