Senior Associate - Vehicle & Supply Chain
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Senior Associates on the finance team will work closely with our operations, supply chain and vehicle teams to support Bird’s financial and procurement strategy, planning, and analysis efforts in a global, hyper growth environment. In addition to driving and supporting our total company strategic planning, forecasting, and reporting, you will investigate and synthesize complex data sets to deliver data-driven decision support to the senior leaders of our business. This team brings analytical rigor to Bird’s overall business model, unit economics, new products and expansion efforts worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Build sophisticated financial models from scratch based on a deep understanding of unit economics, vehicle costs and logistics
- Partner with the vehicle team to develop financial and operational forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to expansion, capital structure, and new products
- Work closely with vehicles and supply chain team to formulate procurement strategy for logistics related vendors
- Think proactively about financial optimization across every facet of our business including operations, vehicles, supply chain, performance marketing, etc.
- Partner with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our results
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 3-5 years in FP&A, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Supply Chain at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization. Manufacturing/Hardware company experience a plus
- Elite Excel skills: you must be an expert in excel. Best-practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Accounting: working knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people and you will manage several different stakeholders in finance the strategy and planning function, and beyond
- Analytical mindset: you get excited about deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to get to the heart of core data questions
- Self-starter and hands-on: You will take initiative, be proactive, set and follow through on goals and commit to your work. You’re not afraid to dig through invoices to obtain accurate data
- Significant SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Presentation skills: knowing how to structure effective presentations will increase your impact
Bonus Points If:
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description