Senior Accounting Manager
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Senior Accounting Manager who will be responsible for month end close, overseeing the General Ledger team, and ensuring best practices are implemented. Responsibilities include transaction and journal entries review, balance sheet reconciliations, analysis, and oversight of general accounting daily operations. You will also oversee and prepare for the annual audit(s). This position is based in Woodland Hills, California and reports to the Corporate Controller.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Manage the month end close process, ensures accurate financial results.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Accounting Team
- Audit(s) point person
- Ad Hoc Reporting
- Perform special projects as assigned.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in accounting and finance management, including 3+ years of management experience in a similar role.
- CPA preferred.
- Public Accounting Experience in Audit preferred.
- E-commerce experience preferred.
- Oracle Netsuite accounting system experience preferred.
- Strong proactive leadership and people management skills
- Excellent analytical, technical skills including knowledge of US GAAP.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment, with minimal supervision.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.