Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
Are you driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment of a growing company where you’ll have the ability to provide input on how tasks are performed? Are you deeply interested in career growth? If so, please read on!
We are investing heavily in Accounting in 2019 and are seeking a Senior Accountant who will work closely with our Controller and VP of Finance. You’ll have the opportunity to elevate the accounting department by providing world class accounting skills as well as being a part of creating and implementing accounting processes and procedures.
What You'll Do
- Assist in maintaining an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close within business guidelines with implementation of comprehensive month end schedules
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Interact with other departments to understand the business and interrelation to accounting
- Prepare journal entries for monthly close and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Ensure a clean and timely year-end audit and assist with work on auditor requests to successfully achieve audited financial statements
- Support the department with special projects and workflow process improvements, including ERP workflow automation initiatives
- Complete other projects and analysis as needed
What You'll Have
- 4-7 years of accounting experience
- Undergraduate degree (ideally in Accounting)
- Experience working for a high-growth venture backed tech startup a plus
- Proven ability to perform in a dynamic, ever changing landscape
- Work well in a collaborative, team environment
- A “can do” attitude with the ability to effectively multitask
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP fundamentals
- Proficient in using Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Active CPA license a plus
- NetSuite ERP experience preferred
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description