Revenue Accountant Job Description
Procore’s revenue team is seeking a Revenue Accountant to play an important role in revenue close, account reconciliations, preparation of various analytical reports for both international and domestic revenue and AR, and implementation of the new revenue recognition guidance ASC 606. Reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager, this position will require strong analytical and investigative skills, attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while driving improvements to process.
What you;ll do:
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Coordinate with the Billing/AR team to ensure timely and accurate billing and revenue recognition.
- Participate in global standardization and integration efforts for policies and procedures as they specifically relate to ASC 606.
- Work with the Revenue Manager on various technical accounting matters for guidance and implementation of the proper accounting treatment.
- Partner with sales and legal in the review and evaluation of deal structures to analyze the impact of customer terms and conditions, communicate the revenue impact of those terms, and offer alternatives if available.
- Monitor professional services transactions and record revenue when professional services are delivered or expire.
- Assist the Finance team with ad hoc research, reporting and projects as it pertains to revenue and AR
- Prepare complex spreadsheets, utilizing graphs and extensive use of analytical tools (pivots, lookups) to illustrate findings and report results
- Mine data and analyze trends while explaining variances
- Participate in special revenue related projects and performing additional duties as required
- Assist with SOX and financial audits (PBC items, document support, reports)
- Own month-end Collectability and Bad Debt reserve process. Perform Collectability and Bad Debt analysis and book adjusting entries as appropriate for the month end close.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance.
- 3 – 5 years of progressive global accounting experience in a public or private company preferably with some revenue recognition experience
- SaaS/multiple-element arrangement revenue recognition experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional skepticism and a willingness to question why something is being done with a desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to work proactively and independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- A working knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced excel skills such as pivot tables and data analysis.
- Prior experience with Intacct, Zuora, SalesForce software applications
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.