Planning & Cost Analysis Manager
The global leader in digital services and technology for content creation and delivery, Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences, for more than 100 years.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent. Deluxe Delivery enables content creators and providers to get their content to the world – in any format. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, Deluxe relies on 8,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Our company values are:
• Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
• Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
• Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
• Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
• Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
• Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations
We currently have a position for a Manager Planning & Cost Analysis.
We are currently seeking an extremely motivated, organized individual in the capacity of a Manager Planning & Cost Analysis to plan and analyze growth strategies that integrates Distribution’s business worldwide. This role will support the vision of the senior management team by providing analytical support for business transformation and integration initiatives effectively tracking the restructuring and integration cost savings across the global Distribution business. This role requires critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making regarding facility capacity/constraints, operations and logistics, and customer fulfillment. This individual will work closely with multiple business functions including operations, sales, customer service, and shared services. This position reports to the Head of Business Transformation and Integration.
The position is located in Burbank.
• Provide analytical support for integration analysis, pricing and cost models using quantitative analyses and modeling that translates data into actionable insights.
• Drive project organization and execution. Ensure projects are well-organized to deliver on desired goals.
• Analyze data from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics. Synthesize raw information into insights, recommendations and reports.
• Contribute to time-critical projects for senior leaders by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized approach for delivery or resolution.
• Analyze the profitability of Distribution’s business lines/services including those that promote current products and services to new and existing customers.
• Foster an environment within Distribution where new ideas are encouraged, discussed, supported and developed.
• Support the preparation of recurring / ad hoc presentations, strategic analysis, and financial projections for Deluxe management to support strategic and operational initiatives.
• Set up methodologies to review, control, and report on project status (project scope, cost, and schedule performance).
• Define, document, and implement project financial management practices and procedures based on prior experience and industry best practices.
• Access financial data and metrics from transactional and financial reporting systems.
• Support various data/report/analysis efforts related to data gathering to support requests for service or to modify program measurements and drive improvement.
• Support preparation for monthly cost performance reporting and planning.
• Aligning financial information collected and reported with the Finance team
• Monitor systems of internal controls & accounting reporting systems to ensure that company systems are providing accurate and reasonable accumulation and recording of costs charged.
• Coordinate efforts with other cost and financial analysts, as well as project managers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business discipline. Masters preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience performing financial analysis including complex financial modeling (e.g., Excel) skills
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
• Experience using enterprise information systems.
• Working knowledge developing, implementing and maintaining pricing and finance processes with automated tools.
• Skilled in financial tracking and reporting tools.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, both your own and that of a project team.
• Ability to work with little supervision, multi-task, and learn quickly.
• Ability to follow tasks to their logical conclusion and ensure project standards. Excellent attention to detail.
• Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
• Ability to influence others and move a team toward a common vision or goal.
• Acute business acumen. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
• Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process