Payroll Specialist - Timekeeping
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
- Work with a team of payroll specialists to process the timekeeping portion of the weekly payroll
- Utilize the daily payroll processing calendar to understand your timekeeping processing functions
- Processes daily error files between POS system and timekeeping software
- Responds to timekeeping inquiries daily, using the Desk system and properly label the inquiry for the proper pay-date and pay process
- Process all current period timekeeping adjustments in timecard and post each stores timecards weekly on Mondays
- Process all previous period timekeeping adjustments outside of the timecard and processes the calculated adjustment for entry via the payroll system
- Understand the following California labor laws: Overtime, double time, meal break, paid/unpaid breaks, travel time pay, reporting pay, make up time in order to audit timecards for discrepancies in these areas.
- Process New York Predictive pay penalties as applicable and review the files provided are accurate and consistent the previous file
- Processes hours export to payroll system and imports hours adjustments to payroll system, ensure to reconcile totals on both sides to ensure data was properly processed.
- Runs daily reports to capture unreviewed timecards, missing punches and audits to catch anything out of the ordinary and escalate to payroll supervisor
- Documents timekeeping procedures and can document the work flow of the all systems, from employee to POS, schedules to timekeeping, timecard to payroll system.
- Detail oriented
- High level of accuracy and completeness of work and able to detect inconsistencies in data
- Utilized timekeeping software such a Kronos, Salesforce or Crunchtime
- Understand the following California labor laws: Overtime, double time, meal break, paid/unpaid breaks, travel time pay, reporting pay, make up time Experience with Google docs, such as Sheets
- Restaurant or retail experience a plus
- FPC or CPP (Fundamentals of Payroll Certificate or Certified Payroll Professional) preferred
- Four years payroll processing experience, including multi-state with high volume of non-exempt staff
- 1-2 years of timekeeping systems experience and heavy timecard processing
- Intermediate writing skills with world class customer service always in mind
- Able to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines, high pressure environment
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.