The primary responsibility of the Operations Accountant is to support the maintenance invoicing process as well as perform various supporting accounting duties in accordance with company and GAAP requirements. This position will also be involved with renewal invoice audits and assist with monthly, quarterly, and/or annual closing procedures, which will include the preparation of various reconciliations and analysis. This position works with finance, sales, customer care and all other internal groups to maintain adherence to accounting guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the proper calculation and set-up of on-premise customer maintenance and the proper issuance of the associated renewal computations
- Accountable for responding to initial and follow-up questions and inquiries related to maintenance contracts and other general accounting department questions.
- Follows policies and systems to assist in efficient and accurate revenue accounting
- Prepare various balance sheet and P&L reconciliations as requested by Controller and organize accounting records and reports as stipulated by company standards.
- Accountable for the A/R collection process on all outstanding invoices, including assessing associated finance charges on late invoices.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Provide continual support to Customer Care and serve as a liaison for communicating customer information between accounting and said department.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting
- Adds or updates customer records in accounting system and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist in any financial audits as needed.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies & procedures.
- Answer inquiries, quickly and accurately, directed the accounting department by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Uphold accounting procedures when working with all internal departments.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting Software (Great Plains or Similar).
- Ability to adapt to changing procedures and offer insight on process improvement.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Strong oral and written communication, including being clear, informative and responsive.
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Word skills required.
- Computer proficiency and word processing skills required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus a full benefits package.
Location: Candidate must currently reside in the Los Angeles area.
Status: U.S. Citizenship or Green card required.
Solver, a global organization headquartered in West Los Angeles, is the premier Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) software and provider of BI360, a comprehensive BI suite. A member of the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Awarded “Global Microsoft BI Partner of the Year”, we are considered the “go-to” experts in our field and are poised for rapid growth in the coming years. Our software is exciting, easy to use, and is generating amazing response from all sizes of organizations in all industries as the only software suite that handles all aspects of BI. As a Solver employee, you are considered a significant contributor to our growth—you will learn new technologies and solve challenging problems, while still having a lot of fun. This is a great opportunity to join a very fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic company who is making a difference in their industry, and impacting the way small innovative companies to Fortune 500 companies in the US and around the world use and implement business intelligence solutions.