Manufacturing Finance Analyst
Romeo Power is looking for a dynamic, self-driven team member with experience working in a Manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Financial Analyst will be an integral part of our growing Finance organization.
The Manufacturing Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing and/or maintaining cost accounting and manufacturing cost tracking activities. Furthermore, this position will develop financial metrics and reporting and will support our Manufacturing leadership in achieving and maintaining COGS targets. This person will have the opportunity to develop his/her unique skills and innovate as well as take on expanded roles to capitalize on his/her potential.
2.Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Cost Accounting month-end closing, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Responsible for accurate inventory valuation using standard cost methodology and fully burdened activity-based costing through the ERP.
- Work with manufacturing, Engineering and purchasing to ensure data accuracy at the transaction source in the ERP. This includes identifying underlying root causes and correcting business processes.
- Lead site inventory management for finance. Analyze slow-moving inventory on an as needed basis to identify products that are eligible for reserve. Provide direction during routine inventory cycle counts and physical inventory. Provide direction on material scraping, WIP, Finished Goods, consignment, contract manufacturing, and other inventory activity processes to ensure accurate accounting.
- Assist in maintaining GAAP and SOX compliance
- Improve and/or implement controls around inventory to minimize correcting adjustments.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
Financial Analysis and Counsel:
- Work with manufacturing management to provide analysis of operations, inventory and assets and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Analyze and report plant cost and overall COGS variances and other key financial metrics such as budget to actuals.
- Participate in the budgeting and financial planning process as well as in developing and maintaining controls for key areas of manufacturing spending.
- Assist management team in the analysis of new capital investment proposals by providing cost/benefit analysis, cash flow modeling, scenario analysis and financial forecasts.
- Develops, prepares, monitors, and maintains special projects as requested
3. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience with accounting principles and procedures
- Experienced in manufacturing/cost accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with ERP systems; Plex system experience a plus
- Experience with Excel including pivot tables, v-lookup, conditional statements, macros
4. Preferred Qualifications
- Audit experience
- Experienced in preparation of financial statements
- Master’s in business administration
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and the ability to focus on big picture issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong people skills
- Hands on and detail-oriented style
- Experienced in building accounting processes and procedures
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Top notch organization skills
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proactive approach and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A. We design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.