Manager of Financial Reporting and Forecasting
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Publishing Group is currently seeking an exceptional Manager of Financial Reporting & Forecasting who will be responsible for planning & forecasting, financial analysis, and monthly reporting.
- Directly responsible for start to finish preparation of management reports including analyses of actual results vs. budget and forecast. Independently develop supporting models.
- Review of general ledger activities and financial statements to verify accuracy and consistency with annual budget. Requires a thorough understanding of a variety of financial transactions and the ability to analyze transactions for proper accounting treatment.
- Manage the maintenance and updating all Hyperion Financial Management models related to actual reporting and forecast / plan.
- Prepare portions of annual budget and periodic forecasts for the largest company in the Music Publishing Group.
- Assist in External and Internal audit request, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Manage and control local AP process – coding and review.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complete understanding of accounting systems. Additionally, requires a high degree of competence with computers to be able to upload and download information to and from the financial systems for additional manipulation.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to make certain decisions based on information provided and understand the ramifications of each decision.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team-oriented environment. Additional ability to interact with other affiliated offices to resolve questions, problems and/or requests for information.
- Effective communication skills; requires the ability to communicate certain accounting policies and procedures and give direction to various contacts in order to complete the necessary responsibilities.
- Superior skills in Excel, Word and familiar with financial reporting software.
- SAP and HFM experience strongly preferred.
- Professional attitude and ability to retain confidential information.
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
- CPA or Master degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.