We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and innovative financial and accounting process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind.
What Bandmember Are You?
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including primary responsibility for:
- Responsible for month end close activities and coordination with offshore BPO team.
- Manage monthly/quarterly close financial statements and supplemental schedules, corporate reporting using Hyperion.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring timeliness of overall monthly close activities, accuracy of close processes and management of BPO activities, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, manage dates in the close calendar.
- Manage and review day-to-day work performed by offshore BPO team.
- Drafting and analyzing financial statements for the label's third-party joint ventures.
- Review JV/Distribution Deal statements prepared by offshore BPO team.
- Supervise, support, and train the BPO team.
- Drafting internal financial reports and supporting analytics for division senior management.
- Coordinating with division Finance representatives, as well as other UMG functional departments to stay current with business activity and emerging issues.
- Supporting special project and process improvement initiatives.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial schedules and analyses in response to label inquiries.
- Ensures SOX controls are implemented and adhered to.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Minimum 5+ years-experience in accounting, preferably with an entertainment company.
- Knowledge and experience with general ledger accounting and corporate reporting required.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP, Hyperion experience/knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including advanced skills in Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective time management skills, able to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with the great organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines and rapidly evolving business environment.
- International travel required as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred, or equivalent experience.
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.