Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
Who we're seeking:
Zwift is looking for a qualified accounting manager to provide accounting and finance support in our London office. The accounting manager will oversee responsibilities in major financial accounting areas such as revenue recognition, payroll, general ledger and account reconciliations. The candidate is expected to be a quick learner with the ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply accounting knowledge when performing tasks.
What you'll do:
- Oversee US entity’s accounting activities and manage a senior accountant and staff accountant.
- Use Namely payroll system efficiently to process payroll. Work closely with HR to ensure it is processed timely and accurately.
- Review payroll related reconciliations, account analysis and monthly accruals.
- Oversee eCommerce related activities with the senior accountant.
- Lead the US entity’s month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing process.
- Record intercompany activities and service revenue.
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper classification for accruals and expenses.
- Manage the accounting and recording of Zwift merchandise and the associated royalty programs.
- Coordinate timely filing of property tax, VAT, sales/use tax and franchise tax returns.
- Assist the Financial Controller to successfully carry out the US audit.
- Perform ad-hoc accounting and financial tasks as needed.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with concentration in Accounting.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in accounting or related field.
- Minimum 1+ year of supervisor experience.
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Must have prior experience with inventory and payroll.
- Strong accounting knowledge, problem solving skills, research and resolution skills.
- Attention to detail with focus on accuracy. Highly organized and thorough.
- Excellent judgement and professional attitude, maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Flexible, willingness to pitch, deadline-oriented.
- Be able to work well in a team, as well as independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be proactive and self motivated.
- Strong technology skills using Namely, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
- Communicate effectively and possess interpersonal skills.
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.