The Financial Analyst is a critical and highly visible role that requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills to develop strong working partnerships with business leaders throughout the organization. Attention to detail, sharp analytical skills, ability to organize and communicate analysis, determined work ethic, willingness to roll up your sleeves, and motivation to help build a winning Company are must-haves.
As a Financial Analyst, you are called upon to build, analyze, and communicate complex analysis that serve as the basis for recommendations that leaders of the business draw from to make strategic decisions. You will work within the Financial Planning & Analysis team to increase the level of business insights we deliver to our internal and external stakeholders.
The Financial Analyst will work full-time out of Procore’s Headquarters in Carpinteria, CA. This position is for full-time employment and requires minimal travel.
What you'll do:
- Business partner to departments within our organization, including Marketing, R&D, and G&A. Support functional departments and FP&A team to understand the key drivers, risks and opportunities, and ultimately make better decisions alongside department leaders and teams.
- Participate in all financial processes including budget creation, spend management, variance analysis, metrics monitoring, benchmarking, and forecasting.
- Utilize company data to model, design, develop, and maintain ad-hoc and automated sales, operations, and management financial dashboards, reports, and metrics. Deliverables must be clear, accurate, and actionable in order to improve visibility into business performance and allow the business to make informed decisions.
- Support key decisions (product investment, market segmentation, infrastructure investment, etc.) by preparing and maintaining various complex financial models to support tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of financial business models used to evaluate investment within various organizational areas.
- Support strategic planning and decision-making by assisting with identifying and analyzing key business trends, market segments, key customers, etc.
Reporting and Analysis
- Update management reports, board presentations and investor reports. Validate the numbers by understanding the “story” behind them, performing bridge and gap analysis. Provide commentary that helps identify performance drivers and root causes of variances to objectives.
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly variance analysis of actuals, plans, and forecasts. Translate analyses into easy-to-understand presentations and visualizations.
- Manage real-time dashboard reporting of the key SaaS, business, and financial metrics.
- Help drive initiatives to identify and enhance upstream data collection to improve downstream usage and reporting.
- Perform research and analysis of financial and operational performance for comparable companies.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree in Finance or other related area
- 2-3 years of experience in a finance or finance-related role (will consider internships as well).
- Must have knowledge of standard business software applications (e.g., Excel, PPT).
- Experience with Anaplan or any other Financial Planning systems is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite or any other ERP is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Energy and passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Ability and desire to take initiative and work in the unknown given we are a high growth organization.
- Enjoys leading and participating in critical projects for department and company-wide decision making
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.