We are WELL and we’re the modern communication platform for the $3 trillion healthcare industry. Using WELL, patients engage with their healthcare teams on their schedule and based on their preferences.
We are well-funded and growing quickly. More than 1,000,000 patients use our platform to communicate with their physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our investor’s portfolios include companies like Intercom, Wag, Uber, and SurfAir.
As an early employee joining our 50+ person team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives by improving their everyday interactions with their healthcare providers.
The financial analyst is responsible for the organization, analysis, and reporting of data/processes across the following disciplines: accounting, finance, human resources, market, competitors, customers, and accounts.
- Perform all invoicing, billing, expensing, payments and commission within the accounting system. Close the accounting books on a monthly basis and champion this process internally.
- Perform the necessary analysis to understand opportunities for improvement across all accounting verticals.
- Perform audits on accounting scope of work to identify compliance to GAAP and internal requirements.
- Conduct research for new tools/platforms to improve efficiency and communication as the business scales.
- Perform analysis among all operating, investing and financing cash flows as required to support the determination of ROI and positive NPV investments across the business.
- Perform analysis on existing and new GTM initiatives as required to include: market opportunity (sizing, TAM, etc.), channel ROI, and pricing. Support the development and maintenance of competitive landscape analysis.
- Perform analysis on current and future customer accounts and contracts to determine opportunities for: upsell, conversion, expansion, etc. Use data and analysis to support Root-Cause Analysis on at-risk or churn customers.
- BA in Business Administration or Equivalent
- 2+ years experience as an analyst in accounting, finance, operations, or equivalent
- Experience with billing, invoicing, expense management, and collections
- Experience with financial statements and investment decisions
- Experience developing process systems (month-close, competitor landscape update cadence, audits/review cycles)
- Working knowledge of GAAP standards and financial statements
- Understanding of data analysis tools/concepts: excel, stata, R, etc.
What you’ll need to really stand out:
- 3-5+ years experience as an analyst in accounting or finance at a big 4 accounting firm or analyst role at a hyper-growth startup
- Experience performing complex analysis across multiple disciplines (e.g. accounting, finance, marketing, product/engineering)
- Understanding of accounting or financial best practices from leading organizations
- Working knowledge of digital tools and platforms for accounting/finance (Quickbooks, Xactly, etc.)
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office