Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
The Finance team is seeking a motivated and highly analytical team member who wants to work in a fun environment with an energetic team from our Santa Monica office. You will work closely with all levels of management to drive effective resource allocation across our Marketplace departments. You must be able to communicate effectively with team members and business partners while tailoring their message to suit the audience.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Financial Analyst grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, FP&A
A typical day as a Financial Analyst might include:
- Partner with Marketplaces General Managers of Leaf Group’s businesses to provide insight and be a part of the decision-making process
- Develop, implement, and maintain monthly financial and operating metrics and forecasting
- Analyze, research variances, and present financial results to senior management
- Compile financial and operating reference material to support quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Tackle ad-hoc projects, including deep-dive operational and financial analyses, capital market, and competitive analyses
- Initiate and drive process improvements for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent) and MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in FP&A or Finance
- Good business judgement and ability to synthesize, analyze, and extract implications from data
- Ability to problem-solve creatively
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with large data sets
- Working knowledge of fundamental accounting principles such as accruals, capitalization, depreciation, amortization, and revenue recognition
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must have great attitude, be self-motivated, self-organized, and hungry to make an impact and constantly develop in a dynamic organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.