We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated professional for a Financial Analyst role in our Commercial Services department. This position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning and analysis for the UMG Commercial Services group. Responsibilities include supporting the monthly close, forecasting and planning processes as well as performing other ad hoc analyses as required. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager for Commercial Services.
• Provide day to day finance support to the Commercial Services group
• Work with the Central Accounting team on elements of the monthly financial close
• Analyze variances to budget and forecast for income, variable costs, and overhead expenses
• Assist in preparing periodic forecasts and annual plan process
• Enhance and modify models and databases as needed
• Special projects, analysis and presentations as required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Great organizational skills with ability to prioritize based on an evolving workload
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels of our company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate/advanced excel proficiency, including use of pivot tables and worksheet functions
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines
• Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in related field required
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor Degree with a major in Finance or Accounting required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.