BLX Group LLC a financial services firm, provides tax compliance and other advisory services to non-profit organizations, municipalities and related entities. Additional information is available at www.blxgroup.com.
BLX is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, a global law firm recognized by Fortune as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” and the Financial Times as the “Most Innovative Law Firm in North America.”
Financial services firm seeking a Financial Analyst /Consultant to work on Arbitrage Rebate Services in the BLX Los Angeles office.
The applicant should have strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Close attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively with project team, client staff and tax attorneys are required in this goal-oriented position.
• Perform numerous financial analyses relating to tax exempt bonds including present value, yield and cash flow analyses and asset valuation
• Obtain required source materials, analyze bond and investment cash flows incorporating different treatment options and methodologies to calculate the most beneficial outcome for the client
• Prepare reports on findings using Word and Excel templates, interact with clients and other industry professionals to explain completed analyses and secure additional contracts
• Become an expert on Arbitrage Rebate
• Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Strong quantitative problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Outstanding project management skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Demonstrate unwavering integrity and instilling confidence in others
• Responsive and driven to provide outstanding client service. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• CFA a plus but not required
How to apply:
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring