Financial Analyst I
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means.
The Financial Analyst I role within the Financial Planning & Analysis department is a newly created role, developed to help support the rapid growth of the organization. The Financial Analyst I will report to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis with strategic support on enhancing internal processes and communication. This role will be a key support position within the department with opportunity as the company continues to grow and expand. This position will focus on continuing to build out new financial models that support key growth areas of the company. This person will be responsible for ensuring data integrity within the department and organization as well as fortifying processes surrounding financial reporting and data management.
- Collaborate on operations financial models that measure key performance indicators
- Support process to further develop omni-channel reporting
- Report on key customer analytics and explain trends
- Manage data and information pertaining to key restaurant information
- Support ops regional realignments for purposes of reporting and field metrics
- Help manage Host Analytics EPM system through collaboration with Accounting department and Host support staff
- Work closely with internal Data Team on gaining access to key data queries to ensure data reported in FP&A deliverables corresponds with Accounting and Data’s systems
- Report on current new store pipeline and update internal forecasts based on the latest development schedule and performance outlook
- Provide financial and analytical support for the annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes
- Prepare and review forecasts with Operations Area Leaders to ensure forecasts are accurate and include logical assumptions
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly variance analysis on key P&L drivers compared to forecast, plan, and prior year
- Complete special projects, as assigned
- Experience in similar Finance or Accounting role within a large organization, preferably in multi-store/omni-channel business model
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Experience with large amounts of complex data
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex financial information in a clear manner across multiple areas of the business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & team-oriented environment
- Ability to think outside the box and recognize irregular patterns in financial performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Advanced user of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Eg. Host Analytics, Tableau, SQL, ERP/EPM experience) preferred
- Strong analytical mind-set
What you'll get
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag / Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.