Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
What You'll Do:
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis accounting transactions for assigned functions in the correct period, including accruals of expenses, amortization of prepaid expenses and fixed assets, etc.
- Help to develop, implement, and execute new accounting processes and systems
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts which include prepaid, accrued liabilities, cash, accounts receivable, and more.
- Generate ad hoc reports and provide detailed analyses and explanations of transactions
- Prepare internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures like revenue recognition, accrued expense, and intercompany consolidation
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skill
- Experience in operating systems including, but not exclusive to, NetSuite, Concur, and Bill.com
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description