Finance and Business Operations Manager
Named as one of LA's Best Places to work in 2018, Prodege, LLC, parent company of rewards community Swagbucks.com & cash-back shopping sites MyPoints.com & ShopAtHome.com has awarded over $500 million to its members. Our business solutions brands, ProdegeMR (market research), ProdegeDR (direct response) & ProdegeVN (video network) allow our partners to reach, influence and acquire consumers online.
Join Prodege and help us "Create Rewarding Moments" for consumers around the world!
We're currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. The Finance Manager is responsible for performing a full range of activities that will positively impact operations and improve financial monitoring and reporting. This position will report to the VP of Finance and also work closely with senior management to create budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and various ad hoc analyses to support strategic decisions. The Finance Manager will also provide key operational and strategic support on new product initiatives, ROI evaluations, and a variety of other business intelligence initiatives.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter who is extremely analytical, loves data, and has excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams within the company’s organization. The position requires a passion for problem solving, an advanced proficiency in Excel, some working knowledge of SQL, and high comfort with exploratory business analysis to synthesize findings into clear, actionable presentations.
- Partnering with business unit General Managers on setting the strategic course of the business unit’s operation.
- Work with Product team to ideate, execute, and perform data analysis on various user experience AB tests.
- Provide financial and data analysis to support the launch of new business lines.
- Conduct financial analysis and reporting for the business area, including revenue/expense forecasting and monthly variance analysis.
- Build and maintain financial models to be used for annual budget cycles.
- Analyze variances between actuals and forecasts and use insights to drive meaningful action and communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way.
- Work on building/expanding financial and operational reporting capabilities that provide leadership with key insights about the business and help drive the right business decisions.
- Routinely meeting with and presenting to the CFO and CEO regarding operational and financial performance, among other things.
- Develop high quality PowerPoint or Google Slide presentations for Management and Board of Directors.
- Assist in proper recording, accounting and reporting of transactions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-5 years of experience from investment banking, management consulting, asset management, or internal corporate finance.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Proficient knowledge of data query/data management tools (e.g. SQL).
- Experience working with large datasets, automation, or business intelligence skills.
- Ability to parse complex financial analysis into meaningful communications for business leaders.
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to understand and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience in Market Research and/or Shopper Marketing is a plus.