Director - Strategic Finance
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
The Director, Strategic Finance will be an instrumental leader as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. Reporting to the VP, Head of Finance, this role will provide financial perspective & accountability to key functional leaders such as Operations, Vehicles, and other functions. This person should be comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, build, and develop a team from the ground up so that we can continue to execute as we grow
- Lead the development of metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making across product launches, city operations, and vehicle development
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch with a focus on ROI and lease terms & fixed asset valuations
- Think strategically and help with tactical execution using the models to aid in decision making, overall company strategy, and worldwide operations
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and to better understand our actuals
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in finance and/or accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or another quantitative field
- Experience scaling a team in either hardware or software startups (both is preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description