Director, Revenue Operations
Greater LA Area
About the Position:
As the Director of Revenue Operations you’ll play a key role in directing the sales organization toward strategic goals and operational effectiveness set forth by the business. You will partner with our sales team and leadership to drive revenue and manage all internal systems used by the organization. In addition, you will create and implement high quality reporting and insights to advise our internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. In this role, you will help build and improve sales and customer process, compensation planning, workflow efficiencies, KPI’s and critical business metrics.
This role is for a self-starter and problem solver with incredible ability to influence our organization and work cross-functionally with nearly all teams. We’re looking for a team player, who can think quickly on their feet, and can navigate a growing organization to get things done.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and track KPI’s and metrics that can be scaled across the organization
- Produce and enforce SLA’s in support of cross functional business process
- Partner with leadership in developing scalable compensation plans
- Calculate monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses for the company and present compensation reports to Finance, Sales and other departments as appropriate
- Test, scale and build process and tools to increase sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage overall enablement and training for the sales organization
- Work cross functionally to create SFDC dashboards for performance visibility
Within 30 Days, You'll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn the suite of ChowNow products; be able to discuss the ChowNow origin story and be able to strategize with your reps.
- Learn the ChowNow Sales process and methodology.
- Understand ChowNow’s Salesforce.com instance including reports, dashboards, required data and workflows.
- Learn ChowNow’s growth marketing strategy, tools, and campaigns.
- Begin to help our team to actively and effectively nurture leads.
- Work with inside and outside sales teams to develop a more efficient process of prioritizing leads and using Salesforce CRM.
Within 90 Days, You'll:
- Develop, implement, and improve processes for effective and efficient sales operations.
- Partner with the Director of Salesforce to develop and improve reports, dashboards, and supporting process flows to provide reliable, accurate, and timely visibility into our Salesforce.com data.
- Calculate commissions and bonuses for the company and provide compensation reports to Finance, Sales and other departments as appropriate
- Build documentation for existing processes and proactively communicate improvements.
- Be responsible for everything sales data related, from tracking goals and handling sales workflows to creating pipeline visibility and building forecasts.
Within 6 Months, You'll:
- Integrate sales automation techniques, CRM, systems, process optimization, and analytics to support and bolster the overall sales team goals.
- Identify team workflow needs and work with other departments to implement process changes and/or new tools.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Sales to build and test optimized sales playbook workflows.
You Should Apply if You:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations with a track record of driving strategic decision-making within Sales.
- You have excellent analytical and systems-thinking approaches to problem solving, with proven track record of matching team needs with enablement solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/SQL/Salesforce.com
- You have experience with Business Intelligence software(i.e. Tableau)
About Your Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description