Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
We are looking for a talented Director of Financial Planning & Analysis with an entrepreneurial mindset and a core finance skill set to join our growing Finance & Accounting team. You are motivated by the opportunity to apply your financial and analytical expertise to solve real business challenges. You are excited by the systems thinking approach to building and running a company and will have the exposure and access to watch the evolution of one of LA’s dynamic startups.
You’ll partner with other departments as a credible and collaborative expert while refining our foundation for growth and balancing the need to add checks and controls to refine our operations. You’ll use your understanding of our business, teams and OKRs to set scalable and robust budgeting and forecasting processes.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, you’ll focus on forecasting, planning, and reporting financial and other strategic information to key stakeholders and will work closely with the Accounting and Business Intelligence teams to drive rigor in recording and reporting financial data. You will be regarded as an expert on the financial model, including all the inputs and assumptions. You are an effective communicator and are thrilled by the ability to partner with diverse teams across the organization.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Financial forecasts and scenario planning
- Quarterly and Monthly financial budgeting and forecasting
- Analysis and reporting of Financial results internally and to external stakeholders
- Review and analysis of monthly financial results
- Core financial KPI tracking
- Pricing strategy by market and channel
- Preparation of board materials
- Business case planning and modeling for strategic and operating decisions
- Market sizing and market entry planning for new markets
- Bachelor’s degree, BS in Business/Finance and/or MBA preferred
- 5-7 years experience in Corporate Finance, Financial Services (Investment Banking, Equity Research), Financial Consulting, or similar
- Experience working at an early stage company is a plus
- Expert proficiency with Excel
- Detailed working knowledge of financial modeling
- Proficiency in Accounting, GAAP, and the three financial statements
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Extreme attention to detail and high level of organization
- Knowledge of Tableau and SQL is a plus
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or other FP&A tools is a plus
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.