Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Greater LA Area
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using it’s own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
- 7 Years in development
- $90M Invested
- Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
- Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017.
- “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
- “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As.
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
About the Job
We are looking to hire an experienced Director of FP&A to be based in Los Angeles. As the Director of Finance and Corporate Development at Gimbal, you will be a key member of our team, helping further the growth of our company through dedication, consistency, and the motivation to see Gimbal succeed. Sound like a good fit?
The Director of FP&A works closely with the broader Leadership Team and will be a key partner for the Controller and CEO, responsible for the business-wide financial planning and analysis process. This individual contributor will supervise and coordinate the activities for internal management reporting, budgets and forecasts for sales, monitors customer discount programs and pricing, and is the key financial lead for business case justifications across the company.
- Drive monthly and quarterly internal management reporting process and distribution to business leadership team
- Assess ongoing FP&A processes and tools for improvement and automation
- Organize and coordinate quarterly forecast update
- Set timeline, coordinate, and prepare the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Partner with CEO, CFO, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations leaders as required to assist in business case development, financial modeling, and financial analysis
- Financial review of business case justifications for business wide projects, including new product introductions, product enhancements, marketing programs, and cost reduction initiatives
- Support M&A activity including due diligence, modeling, and integration of potential acquisition targets
- Prepare financial models and market models in support of the long-term Strategic Plan
- Analyze profitability by customer, product, and region
- Monitor capital spending. Prepare capital justifications. Audit results of projects after implementation/installation of new capital
- Perform other special projects, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or similar field
- 4-6 years of experience
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial ratios
- Proven financial reporting knowledge
- Advanced in Excel and Google Sheets
- SalesForce experience preferred
- Hyperion experience preferred
- Must have strong leadership capabilities
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan offered
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Dog friendly office
Read Full Job Description