Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands (with no signs of slowing down) making us one of the top subscription box services in the world! We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious, impossibly nerdy people who cultivate our amazing fan community, provide support of the highest caliber, and generally just sit there radiating niceness. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is a direct report to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis and will work closely with Finance, Strategy and the Business Commercial Lines. This position helps the company perform reliable revenue and cost planning, including allocations and scenario planning. The position has a high level of visibility to finance leadership and the senior executive management team, and requires coordination with staff both inside and outside of the finance organization. The ideal candidate for this position is a results-oriented, bright, resourceful, creative and service-driven finance professional.
- Solid understanding of basic financial planning and projections and the process to develop projections. General accounting and understanding of business and revenue drivers.
- Supervise and integrate rapid Billings tracking systems and updates to forecasts for real time adjustments in operations and costs across multiple product lines.
- Generates periodic internal as well as external facing reports as well as metrics measuring performance against operating plans on an aggregate as well as product line basis.
- Provide technical financial and forecasting support and forecast/budget preparation and analysis.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis, or other Senior Corporate Officers.
- The ability to proactively manage multiple short-range and long-range tasks, as well as tight deadlines and time sensitive pressures, and remain even-tempered in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, NetSuite (General ERP Knowledge), Recurly a plus, and other sales performance send efficacy tools to perform ad-hoc data analysis on extremely high volume of rapidly changing data records.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 3+ years of investment banking, financial planning or consulting experience.
- Experience with e-commerce analytics and tracking tools preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Leading financial advisory and/or consulting experience and exposure to consumer products / retail companies preferred.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with senior leadership, staff, peers, and external service providers.
- Superior attention to detail. Proactive self-starter and goal-oriented a must.