Director of Finance
About the Role
As the sole member of the Finance team you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in the company to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. You will be a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, finance and business principles. You should also be a strategic thinker and effective leader who focuses on growth and supporting business decision making with deep financial analysis.
What You'll Do
- Own the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close and reporting package
- Own the company's financial compliance framework to ensure accounting, regulatory and tax compliance
- Lead the monthly and quarterly forecast process.
- Lead Annual Operating Plan and budget
- Drive operating improvements by identifying opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings
- Creating framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics that support strategy
- Ensuring that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Ability to implement process improvement initiatives within a growth environment.
- Regularly develop analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Maintain detailed budgets and forecasts for KPIs, P&Ls, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow and supporting analytics including variance analyses
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong accounting experience; (Masters degree and CPA preferred)
- 5 + years progressive finance experience with a preference for experience in operations finance, corporate development or strategy roles
- Financial planning and budget management: creating annual budget framework, maintaining and updating forecast through year against budget; Monitoring and analyzing monthly operating results against budget
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles included in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Providing leadership with recommendations and guidance on the financial impact of various products and initiatives
- Exceptional verbal / written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and change directions as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business unit goals
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities