Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Cost Accountant to join our Woodland Hills team. This role will manage Golden Hippo’s cost function and be the bridge between accounting and operations.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Prepare and review various daily operating metrics to monitor business performance.
- Responsible for Month End Inventory reconciliations and Journal Entries.
- Product Costing, overhead, mark up and gross profit analysis.
- Inventory & COGS budget and forecast.
- Manage inventory observations and monitor cycle counts on a reoccurring basis.
- Calculate Inventory Reserves and help reduce Inventory write-offs.
- Prepare bill of material and costing reports. Compare actual costs to BOMs.
- Review Invoices for Freight and Inventory.
- Analysis, such as Variance analysis (raw materials, finished goods), Margins, Trends, etc.
- Assistance with General Accounting and Month End Close activities.
- Provide support to external auditors as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3-4 years of cost accounting experience
- B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar.
- CMA or CPA is a plus.
- Work Experience with ERP systems. Implementation experience for GL and WMS is a plus.
- Experience with Bill of Materials, Standard Cost, FIFO, Average Cost, etc.
- Experience working for Manufacturing and Distribution centers environments is preferred.
- Accounting liaison with Operations department and warehouse.
- Experienced with best practices for inventory tracking and management.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Roll up the sleeve attitude.
- Ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with all level.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.